Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New beginnings with Encaustic

 
 
Tomorrow I start a new venture.  It will be my birthday and I am celebrating with a new experience with my art.  I have wanted to try encaustics for some time now.  Last week  after watching many videos and  reviewing MANY blog posts, I decided I wanted to start working with encaustics.  I have ordered all my materials, they should be arriving tomorrow for my birthday.  What better way to start my birth year but with new beginnings.  In the past year I have been searching for my artistic "niche", I am come close to finding it but something is still missing.   I am so excited about encaustics and the possibilities.  I love the simplist yet deep look that can be achieved with this technique.  The above video is my encaustic muse.....her work is beyond fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. I have been playing with this medium for about 6 months..I love it. Enjoy your journey!!

    ReplyDelete