Thursday, January 17, 2013

Imagine


"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"........
After taking Jane DesRosier's awesome class "The Red Scarf" at thetroddenpath.ning.com,  I managed to finally finish my first portrait.   It is a mixed media and acrylic on a 16"x20" birch cradled panel.  I really loved her online course and loved making this. 
The first painting was the female with a hat, but I didnt like it so I painted over the top portion.  Couldnt decide what kind of hair she was going to have, so I sat on it awhile.  Finally a couple of nights ago, I was watching videos on YouTube and stumbled across "Imagine" by John Lennon.  The rest is history. 














Thanks John Lennon for the inspiration!


Imagine
John Lennon



Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace
You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one


......by the way, I got all my encaustic supplies in today and have started playing with it.  Love the look and feel of this medium.  Hopefully will finish my first piece soon and can post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment