Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recent paintings

 
 


These girls are my most recent acrylic creations.  Last week I joined Heather Murrays group at http://thetroddenpath.ning.com/group/mixed-media-portrait-class.  Love, love love her work.  I was so inspired by her Tall Girl series I thought I would try some of my own. 


The first was Gabby which is a beautiful young girl I cropped from a group photo from Flckr. 


The second was Story.  I also found her on Flckr.  Somehow she just started looking alittle goth, so I just let her go there.



 The third was Destiny and her dog.  A friend at work wanted me to paint her daughter and her beloved dog.  This is what I came up with.  Destiny has been busy lately getting into mischief....because I couldnt place little horns on her head, I placed a crown on her little head.  Destiny is always the Queen of her domain.


Last, but not least came little Annie.  She is a work in progress.....almost finished with her. Just a few more details and she will be done.


Then along came Hope.  She is acrylic on canvas.  I think she is actually my favorite.  I just love the look on her face....definately an old soul. This image was obtained from http://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageShowcase?ref=seller_info .

I have so enjoyed painting this week.  Finally I think I am getting the hang of it.  I was having a problem with the acrylics drying sooooo fast I couldnt blend.  After purchasing alottttt of products, I am able to blend my colors and am having a blast painting!!
Tomorrow, another project for a coworker/friend.


4 comments:

  1. WoW! We WOW WOW !!! Nice work! It looks like you had fun making these images, I really like what you do Pam, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pam...Thank you for the "follow" this has given me the opportunity to visit your blog, WoW your artwork is beautiful...loves the detail of gabbys face,they are all so amazingly realistic.
    DoNnA

    ReplyDelete